WHO WE ARE:
Theradaptive is revolutionizing the field of therapeutic delivery with a pipeline of best-in-class products that address multiple global markets. Theradaptive is performing cutting edge science in the area of regenerative medicine, working at the interface of Biology and Orthopedic tissue repair.
Our lead therapeutics are in the following indications:
- Spinal Fusion
- Long Bone Repair
- Osteochondral Repair
- Dental and Facial Bone Repair
We are an innovative, fast-paced team that is advancing a diverse array of cutting edge translational research projects. With Theradaptive, you will experience the challenge and satisfaction of the therapeutic product development process first hand. Transform your career and join the Theradaptive team today!
We are seeking a proactive, enthusiastic, and independent Research Associate II. The Research Associate II will be responsible for designing, executing, analyzing, and presenting data from experiments to support R&D and product development projects. This is a laboratory-based position with responsibilities in protein purification, analytical protein methods and cell-based assays. The Research Associate will communicate results and troubleshoot issues that impact data quality and project timelines to Theradaptive’s Senior Scientist.
Our ideal candidate will possess a breadth of knowledge and creativity and will be highly motivated. The candidate will have a proven ability to multi-task and pivot quickly based on project priorities. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with staff at all levels are needed to succeed in this role.
If you are driven to contribute in an exciting and dynamic environment, we encourage you to apply now!
- Plan, execute, and analyze studies associated with anti-cancer therapeutics development, manufacturing, and QC in support of product development, preclinical, and clinical programs
- Conduct a wide variety of protein purification methods and bioassays
- Perform protein chromatographies using FPLC, protein gel electrophoresis, bioanalysis, UV-VIS spectroscopy, and endotoxin tests
- Prepare biological buffers following defined procedures
- Execute aseptic cell culture techniques to support bioassays
- Understand and adhere to laboratory safety precautions and proper use of personal protective equipment
- Coordinate effectively with team members to plan and execute product development activities
- Create and implement work plans with minimal guidance
- Document experiments, results, and findings in a lab notebook
- Prepare technical reports to summarize data and document experimental conclusions
- Communicate project status, roadblocks and results to supervisors and managers in an effective manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Bioengineering, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related discipline
- Strong scientific fundamentals, analytical background, and mathematical reasoning capability
- Mastery of fundamental STEM-based mathematical operations (preparing calculations for dilutions, concentrations, buffer formulations, etc.)
- Strong technical writing and technical presentation ability
- 3-4 years of work experience in an industrial setting is preferred
- Solid experience with protein purification is preferred
- Highly proficient with data analysis tools (Excel, GraphPad Prism) and presentation tools (Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in a laboratory and office setting. Approximately 75% of the day may be spent in the laboratory
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
- Ability to work in a laboratory with chemicals and biochemicals and perform Biosafety Level 2 work
- Theradaptive corporate headquarters and laboratory in Frederick, MD
Theradaptive is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, pregnancy (including childbirth or related condition), citizenship, familial status, mental or physical disability, veteran status, genetic information, other non-disqualifying disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.