WHO WE ARE:
Theradaptive is revolutionizing the field of therapeutic delivery with a pipeline of best-in-class products that address multiple global markets. Theradaptive is performing cutting edge science in the area of regenerative medicine, working at the interface of Biology and Orthopedic tissue repair.
Our lead therapeutics are in the following indications:
- Spinal Fusion
- Long Bone Repair
- Osteochondral Repair
- Dental and Facial Bone Repair
We are an innovative, fast-paced team that is advancing a diverse array of cutting edge translational research projects. With Theradaptive, you will experience the challenge and satisfaction of the therapeutic product development process first hand. Transform your career and join the Theradaptive team today!
We are seeking a proactive, enthusiastic, and independent Senior Research Associate. This laboratory-based position will provide the opportunity for involvement in a diverse set of activities including bioengineering, bioanalysis method development, and combination product development. The Senior Research Associate’s primary responsibilities will be supporting cell culture-based projects and executing experiments to support protein and product development programs. Experience with protein expression, purification, and analysis is preferred. The Senior Research Associate will communicate results and troubleshoot issues that impact data quality and project timelines.
Our ideal candidate will possess a breadth of knowledge and creativity and will be highly motivated. The candidate will be detail-oriented and have a proven ability to multi-task and pivot quickly based on project priorities. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with staff at all levels is an important skill set needed to succeed in this role.
If you are driven to contribute in an exciting and dynamic environment, we encourage you to apply now!
- Work closely with senior scientists and engineers to advance R&D and product development projects
- Execute cell culture activities (mammalian and bacterial) including aseptic technique, passaging, inoculations, cell differentiation, and data analysis
- Leverage cell culture expertise to design, execute and analyze data from hypothesis-driven experiments
- Perform immunostaining and imaging (e.g., brightfield, fluorescence, and confocal microscopy) of cells and/or tissues
- Leverage aseptic cell culture techniques to execute bioassays, protein expression, and product development
- Prepare fermentation media and biological buffers
- Execute biochemical analyses such as column chromatography, SDS-PAGE, and RP-HPLC
- Conduct a wide variety of assays, including bioassays, protein binding assays, and immunoassays
- Participate in maintaining capabilities, laboratories, equipment, and supplies
- Understand and adhere to laboratory safety precautions and proper use of personal protective equipment
- Design experiments and implement plans with minimal guidance
- Employ self-reliance in drawing experiment conclusions and interpreting results. Take initiative to verify the accuracy and validity of data; correct any errors
- Propose viable solutions to technical problems and make educated recommendations for next steps
- Prepare technical reports to summarize data and document experimental conclusions
- Communicate project status, roadblocks and results to supervisors and managers
- Bachelor’s degree in Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, or a related field. Master’s degree is beneficial
- Strong scientific fundamentals, analytical background, and mathematical reasoning capability
- A thorough understanding of mammalian cell culture and proven experience in planning and executing cell culture-based experiments
- Experience designing, organizing, and executing multiple complex experiments simultaneously
- Training in and experience with Biosafety Level 2 (BSL-2) techniques is required
- Experience with bioassays, immunoassays, protein binding assays, and/or 3D bioprinting
- Experience with protein purification using affinity, ion exchange, or hydrophobic interaction chromatography is preferred
- 3-5 years of work experience, industrial setting is preferred
- Experience with operating under controlled procedures and documentation such as GLP or GMP is highly desirable
- Experience with standard data analysis tools (Excel, GraphPad Prism)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- 75 % of the day may be spent working in the lab
- Able to work at heights above four feet for certain tasks
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work in a laboratory with chemicals and biochemicals and perform Biosafety Level 2 work
- This is a full-time position, based at Theradaptive’s headquarters in Frederick, Maryland
Theradaptive is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, pregnancy (including childbirth or related condition), citizenship, familial status, mental or physical disability, veteran status, genetic information, other non-disqualifying disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.